Friday, April 27, 2012

A Little Wind Up My Skirt

Why is it that I tend to wear skirts or dresses on the windiest days? Am I trying to get attention from men? No. Do I like the cool breeze? Maybe. Or am I an exhibitionist? Oh who knows? I'm not even sure if I spelled that correctly.
When I lived in Wyoming they called these type of winds "Montana Winds". The reason they get to Wyoming is because of the lack of trees in the North Eastern parts. Of course it's nothing close to the winds that go through the mountains in Colorado like my friends April & Tazz experience all too often. If I wore a skirt during those wind storms, I wouldn't be able to see where I was going because it would be wrapped around my head! Honestly I don't know how they do it :o/
Missouri weather is so finicky. Yesterday it was a beautiful 80 degrees and I had things to do from the moment I woke up until I fell asleep so I couldn't really enjoy it. They day before, it was 90 and I was at the farm planting my sunflower seeds while the sun was beating down on me. After conveniently getting tangled up in some barbwire that was hidden in the grass, I gave up the seeding and played with the wildlife for a bit. Today, part of the metro area is under a tornado watch and it's only 62 degrees. Tomorrow it will probably snow. And people wonder why I prefer to live out west. Well the reason is that it is a bit more predictable there. When it is cold, it stays cold. And when it's hot, it stays hot. Simple as that. But truly the main reason is that I love the wide open spaces out there. Where men are men and sheep are scared. No, it really isn't that bad. The population is more then you might think. There is only 1 town in Wyoming that has a population of one. I do miss the wild horses and Buffalo so much though. And the mountains call my name often. You really have to go there and stay awhile to understand. And until the kids are in college, I'll happily stay in Missouri with Rick and play Farmer's Wife with him as often as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment